What is Virgin hair?
Virgin hair is 100% hair that has not been altered or mixed with synthetic hair. The hair is soft, holds curls well and has natural movement. Virgin hair depending on the texture/ curl pattern, blends well with most natural hair texture. It’s great for styling, colouring and it’s durable.
How much does each bundle weight?
The standard for the hair industry is 95-100grams per bundle.
How many bundles do I need?
This depends on the length of the hairstyle and the density you would like to achieve. Shorter hairstyles do not require as much bundles as longer hairstyles. Straight hairstyles require enough hair to achieve a full look otherwise it will appear thin.
- Use 2 bundles for wigs between 10"– 14"
- Use 3 bundles for wigs between 16" – 18"
- Use 3 – 4 bundles for wigs between 20" – 30"
If you’re going for a layered effect hairstyle and using 3 or more bundles, we recommend that you purchase 2 bundles of the longest length to avoid you wig appearing thinner at the ends.
How long does your hair extension last?
If you’re looking for something for occasional wear, our beautifully styled synthetic hair/wigs are the perfect choice. It will last 1-3 months with proper care and has a shorter lifespan with everyday usage.
Our virgin hair has a lifetime of 1-3 years with proper care. This quality of hair is more suitable for everyday wear, styling, and colouring. The lifespan also depends on the frequency of usage as well as good maintenance.
Can I use heat on the hair extensions?
This is the benefit of using virgin hair, it takes on heat, holds curls and is flexible to change. Use heat protection spray before applying heat when style or blow drying.
When handling virgin hair, you must take into consideration that the hair has been separated from the donor and whilst the quality of the hair is great it is also sensitive.
Our synthetic wigs are pre-styled and ready to wear. Heat no more than 180 degrees can be applied on the units. Use heat protection spray before applying heat.
Can the hair be bleached / dyed?
Virgin hair is flexible and once bleached, a wide range of colouring can be used. 613# colour hair is the best for bright colour dyes and can be dyed grey to white. You can change your hair to suit your fashion, mood and trend.
What size cap should I choose for my custom wig?
You will need a flexible measuring tape to measure the circumference of your head. When measuring, make sure that the tape is not wrapped too tightly around your head otherwise your wig may be small fitting.
- If you have long hair, tie it up in a ponytail to get it out of the way.
- Starting from the middle of your hairline, then down to the side behind your ear, down to the nape of your neck. Up behind the other ear and round to the front.
- The result of where the tape meets is going to be your circumference.
- Measure twice to be sure your measure is the same it time.
We have two cap size options:
S (21" – 22")
M (22” – 23”)
All our wigs are fitted with hook and eye adjustable elastic band and combs for added security and confidence.
If your cap is small the wig will not fit or will not sit well on your head. Extreme discomfort will require a new wig to be made
with the right cap size.
There is more flexibility with a finished wig that is loose or too big on the head. Elastic bands can be stitched on for security and to reduce the size of the cap by a few inches. There are techniques to carefully cutting your wig and re-stitching it to get the perfect fit. Videos can be found on our Ayanae TV tutorial page.
Please note that custom wigs tailored specifically to your order cannot also be returned or exchanged.
How do I care for my hair and which products can I use?
Hair extensions like your natural hair needs the right care and maintenance to look and feel healthy; and if you want your
weave/ wig to last long and remain thick, luscious, and healthy, follow the tips below:
- Co-wash your hair with conditioner at least once every 1 2 weeks to get rid of products in the hair and build-up sweat that’s made the hair clammy and mat. Regularly washing and conditioning keeps your hair fresh, moisturised, tangled and freeze free.
- Use Leave-in conditioner to further lock in the moisture.
- Use the appropriate shampoo and conditioner for curly hair and coloured hair as they will include ingredients beneficial to those hair condition.
- When moisturising your hair, lightly apply oil onto the tips of the hair and work your way up to avoid making the body of the hair greasy. Not only is it not flattering, but greasy hair is also as damaging as dry hair.
- Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers on your hair especially when detangling hair instead of a brush.
- It’s always best to air dry your hair. If you don’t have the time, air dry it as much as you can then apply low-medium heat to finish it off. Air drying avoids damaging the hair.
- Use heat protection spray before applying heat when style or blow drying on high heat- which is not recommended.
- Avoid using too many styling products.
- Use alcohol free products on your hair as products containing alcohol dry out
- Wrap up your hair before going to bed – the most popular way is
to plait it before wearing a hair net/ bonnet or tie into a bantu knot.
Please note, that bleach and hair colouring can be used on all our virgin hair. Bleaching the hair damages and reduces
the longevity of the hair, therefore the above step is crucial to keeping the hair healthy, fresh, and lasting.
These following brands have products suitable for synthetic and virgin hair extensions/ wigs:
- Shea moisture